An excellent opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for the Emergency Department at a private hospital in Western Dublin, Ireland.
The post holder will participate in triaging patients and provide direct comprehensive nursing care to patients using evidence-based practice. The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance of a high standard of patient care achieved through professional education and development of all nursing staff; acting as an expert practitioner; participating in the formation of organisational objectives; managing resources and facilitating communication. The CNM 2 will be required to work collaboratively with the medical, nursing and multidisciplinary staff teams within the HMC in the delivery of care to patients.
As the Clinical Nurse Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the nursing team and take an active part in the delivery of care, as appropriate.
- Managing the Emergency Department; taking responsibility for the safe delivery and co-ordination of nursing services for patients, ensuring effective, efficient and quality specialist nursing care service.
- Promoting the delivery of a high standard of care to all patients.
- Encourage evidence-based practice and assist in the dissemination and implementation of research findings.
- Together with Hospital Management be involved in identifying opportunities for the development of services that will improve the care of patients.
- Lead out on the requirements of the hospitals accreditation process.
As the Clinical Nurse Manager you will demonstrate excellent clinical skills, quality patient care initiatives and facilitate effective interpersonal communication with colleagues in the Department and in the hospital.
As the successful applicant, you will possess the following attributes:
- Current registration with NMBI
- Minimum 5 years' relevant post-registration nursing experience
- At least 3 years' experience in emergency setting
- A recognised post-registration nursing course - Higher Diploma or Post Grad course in Emergency Nursing
- A Healthcare Management qualification preferably at third level.
- Well-developed leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- An up to date Advanced Cardiac Life Support course or be in pursuit of same
Hospital offers fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Supportive working environment
- Professional development and educational opportunities
- Comprehensive pension scheme
- Pension scheme
- Group discount health insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Staff car parking
Hospital, located in Western Dublin, is an acute facility providing a range of medical / surgical services with use of the latest technology. The Emergency Department provides a range of services and this role is important in making a significant contribution, developing and maintaining best practice in Emergency Department services.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrnursing.co.uk for other available positions.